Saturday, October 20, 2012

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will...

John 6:38-39 NKJV

For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will,  but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me,  that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

******
Shalom! Good morning! Today as i was reading this passage, one question came to my mind. On whose will am i standing and doing? I believe the Holy Spirit is reminding us today, whose will are we doing? Father bless Your Word let it constantly remind us of Your love and calling in our lives. In Jesus name, amen.

Our calling is not primarily to be holy men and women, but to be proclaimers of the Gospel of God. God sent Jesus to do the Fathers will. Yes indeed Jesus was 100% human and i believe that He too had His own dreams. Yet He choose to do the will of the Father. Am i doing His will? Am i trying to put my will above His will?

The moment God touched my life and saved me, it is no longer i that lived, but He through me. And if He is in me, then, i must live according to His move, guidance and to the way He orchestrate my life.

How many of us are willing to spend every ounce of nervous energy, of mental, moral and spiritual energy we have, just to do His will? Are you willing to be offered for the work of the faithful - to pour out your life blood as libations on the sacrifice of the faith of others? Are you willing to spend and be spent; not seeking to be ministered unto, but to minister? This is what Jesus did.

We are separated unto the Gospel. Only when we have the revelation of the redemption work of the Cross in our lives, then we will say Hineni Lord! Because of love, we will choose to do His will gladly.

No comments: