Friday, October 3, 2014

Anything that's being built on pride, will not last long...!

Proverbs 25:6-7, 16, 27 NKJV

Do not exalt yourself in the presence of the king, And do not stand in the place of the great; For it  is better that he say to you, “Come up here,” Than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, Whom your eyes have seen. Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, Lest you be filled with it and vomit. It  is not good to eat much honey; So to seek one’s own glory is  not glory.

******
Shalom! Day #276. Do you know that many so called believers are seeking glory or attention from people and they want to be recognized by all? Let's pray. Father, thank You for reminding us about humbleness once again.  No matter how far we progress in You, help us to remain humble. Let us not steal Your glory. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Many of us are actually attention seekers. We tend to do many things just to be approved, just to be known, just to be recognized by all. Sad to say, even in the ministry there are such people. For example, the pharisees who like to stand in a corner and pray out loud so that everyone would know that he is praying. I have come across such people who keep on repeating the same statement just want a person to respon and say something like this, "I just came back from hospital praying for someone, and that's why I am late." So in return they expect us to reply, "wow, God uses you Bro, wonderful." There's a longing for to be made known, but not God. This is what I called, self-glorification. The person who was sick, may be healed when you minister, but intead giving God the glory, we tend to steal His glory. "I prayed, I laid my hands on them, amd they are healed" where is God in this statement?

In today's verse, this is a sharp rebuke, and if we are still blinded from seeing the spiritual truth, ask God to heal us from this spiritual blindness. Do not exalt yourself in the presence of God. Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, Lest you be filled with it and vomit. It  is not good to eat much honey; So to seek one’s own glory is  not glory. Honey is good, but when  is it so much, you will vomit. Praises from people, self recognition is good, but if it is too much, your pride will just be puffed up way to high dude and you are already making your ways for your downfall! One of my youth asked me, whether can I teach him the Bible so that he can learn to preach. Well the intention is good, but the motives is wrong cause I sense pride is creeping in... He said he wants to learn everything and so on, my reply was, "you go and pray, and I will also pray." You see sometimes we don't really see it that pride is taking control of our life. Anything that's being built on pride, will not last long. It is like your are building your house on the sand and not on the rocks. Gbu....!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: