Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Practice what you preach...!

Mark 7:6-7 NKJV

He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with  their  lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching  as  doctrines the commandments of men.’

******
† Shalom †......! Day #56. Do you know that we can be serving God, going to church weekly, advising people to live rightly before God and so on, yet we ourselves don't do it because our hearts are far from God? Let us pray. Father, let us be not like the hypocrites but in genuineness of the heart we want to serve You, worship You and follow You. Let us be an example to others as we live rightly before You. Let us be doing what we preach. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Friends, we must not practice how the hypocrites do. They will list down a paper full of commands and rules yet they themselves don't do but expect others to follow. A leader is actually a person who leads by example. We must practice what we preach. Our service to God is not a lips service but it is from heart to God. For example,  if I had been encouraging and stirring up everyone to pray, it mean I also must get up and pray. There's no point of me asking others to do when I am not doing it. I am a hypocrite.

We can be worshipping God but out heart and mind is not there, in the atmosphere of worship. Our mind and heart if flying away thinking what shall I eat after the Sunday service,  where shall I go, what shall I do. God knows our heart,  oh yes He know everything that's happening in our heart. But their heart is far from Me, says the Lord. Let us not just talk but to do as well. Many people talk big, but no action. Let us do the action and let the action speak for it. Practice what we preach. Don't go to church as a weekly routine but let it be your heart's desire to seek God wholeheartedly.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: