Friday, January 21, 2011

SECRET

Word of the day is “SECRET”.


Meaning: Something that is not properly understood; a mystery.


Psalms 139:15 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, And skilfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.


Today, I am not going to share about secret. Yeah the word of the day is indeed secret, but it is not about the secret that i am going to share. I am going to talk about “SECRET PLACE.” Yes, secret place.


Why secret place?


It is in that secret YOU and I was created. Psalms 139:15 ..... when i was made in secret...

It is in that secret place God creates a leader.

It is in that secret place; God renews our strength, faith, spirit and a renewed vision.


In 1 Kings 17:1-7 talks about Elijah. As we read this passage, we might think it’s just a normal story of Elijah. Today as I was reading Psalms 139:15, I asked the Lord, what the word of the day is. And He said, SECRET! In doubt n confusion, I ask Him again and yeah again He said SECRET. I said, God You must be joking this morning. Why You must be secretive with me? Then again I asked, and He said to me the word for today is “SECRET.” I was like what??? Hahaha. And i knew that He was telling me about my SECRET PLACE. Why your secret place is is important? I will explain to you in just a bit.


As we read about Elijah in 1 Kings 17:1-7, in verse 3 God told Elijah to Get away from here and turn eastward, and hide by the Brook Cherith, which flows into the Jordan. Now if we look at the map of Israel, Brook of Cherith is situated, far far away from Jordan. For me it was like a normal story, but as Holy Spirit opens my eyes to see what the hidden meaning behind this passage is, well I was astonished by what God showed me.


Elijah was a man like all of us (James 5:17-18). But He has character that caught Gods eyes. He is a prayerful and prayer filled man. Brook of Cherith is actually our secret place. God is calling us back to our secret place. He is reminding us about our prayer life. It is in that secret place God unleashed all that He has planned for us.


A Leader is made in the quality time we spend with God. Jesus said “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward youMatthew 6:6. The quality time that we spend with God will shape our personal live to able to lead.


In 1 Kings 17:7-8, sometime later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. A leader is made from nothingness to become something. In our emptiness before God, in our brokenness before God, He does miracles. It is in the breaking of breads that brought forth miracles. As we take time to go to our secret place and spend a quality time with God the Father, we go before Him emptying our self and in brokenness, God will do a miracle! Hallelujah!


Do not forget the calling that God has placed in your life. God reveals the plans for your life in the secret place. Do not forget what you are called to do!


I choose to go to my secret place and let God the Father to refresh, to renew, to recreate, to remould, me according to His plans and His purposes....how about you?



Psalms 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.




God Bless You!



In Christ,


+_-= ShErKaRL KuGaN =-_+


No comments: