Saturday, November 3, 2012

When God encounters.

Acts 9:3-6, 15-16 NKJV

As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” Then the Lord said,  “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”  So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Then the Lord  said  to him,  “Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” But the Lord said to him, “Go, for  he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles,  kings, and the  children  of Israel. For  I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

******
Shalom! Blessed Saturday morning! Do you want something fresh from the oven? Oh yes! As i was reading this passage, i said, "Lord, i want something fresh." And He did not give, but He reveals to me. Father, reveal to us Your word today. What it takes to be a true and obedient disciple and bless Your word as we partake of it. In Jesus name, amen!

What it takes to be a true and obedient disciple of Jesus Christ? The answer is : THAT ONE ENCOUNTER OF GOD! Oh yes! That one encounter of God can change your life totally. In this passage that we read, it tells us of an incident of how Jesus encountered Saul. I believe that Saul wasn't prepared for this surprise visit!!!

NEXT LEVEL, is about allowing God to encounter us and changing us totally. Saul, after experiencing that encounter, his life, his ways, his everything was changed totally. Saul a.k.a Paul, he was actively involved in persecuting the churches. He was a well trained man in the laws of Moses. And after Jesus encountered him, the only purpose of his life is to live for God and nothing else matters.

Even Jesus told Annanias, "Go, for  he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles,  kings, and the  children  of Israel. For  I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.” Saul is the reason today why we have known the Lord Jesus Christ! It is he who traveled to Asia and preached the Gospel. At first Paul did not understand it, but as the Lord prepared him during that 3 days of prayer, Saul was ready to do His will.

Oh that one encounter of God can change our lives today! When Jesus encountered Paul, he was converted from persecuting Jesus to PREACHING JESUS!

God chooses Saul, to replace Stephen. And Jesus said, "For  I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake." I believe, after the encounter, Paul preached Jesus with all joy and gladness in his heart.

There is more than what can explain here. The only thing that He spoke to me was "allow Me to encounter you today." Hallelujah! I want a fresh fire! Have you allowed God to encounter you today?

No comments: