Saturday, January 19, 2013

Today, if you will hear His voice...

Hebrews 3:7-8, 12-14 NKJV

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:      “Today, if you will hear His voice,   Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called  “Today,”  lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,

******
Shalom! Day #19. Cold. Rainy weather. Let us not be as the weather. Let's pray. Abba Father, thank You for today. As we study Your word today, help us to listen to Your voice and take heed to Your words. In Jesus name we ask and pray. Amen.

I believe, everyone of you have listen or heard God speaking to you. Are we taking it seriously when God speaks? Or we consider it like just another voice that's speaking? Israel, although they claimed that they know God, but in action they did not show it. And I'm afraid to say that this same attitude is creeping into our generation. I posted in my Facebook status yesterday, asking a question "which one Is Important watching football and skipping youth service or getting involved in the youth service? Football or Jesus?" We have seen what God is able to do. We have experience His miracles. We have witness His protection, provision, great and mighty works, but we still harden our hearts towards His voice. We are not taking it seriously. Folks it's getting late and It's getting serious. Whatever has happened to the anguish in the house of God? Whatever has happened to the love of God? Slumberness, laziness, procrastinating spirit, putting other things important than God, it's creeping into the church now and if we are not aware of it, it's time to wake up church!

Hardening our hearts towards the voice of God is as same as rebelling against God. In the day of trial in the wilderness, Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; The moment we do not take heed to the voice of God, here Satan steps in and begins his work. But exhort one another daily, while it is called  “Today,”  lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. The word "exhort" means to urge, to advice, to push, to encourage, to preach, to insist. I urge you fellow believers and followers of Christ, gird up, be on your guard. Be steadfast. Hold on to the promises of God concerning your life. Get involve in the things of God. When you are serious in His works, He will be serious on the things concerning your life. Without Christ I am nothing. We wonder why we are not blessed? Why we are not healed? Why am I not getting promoted? Why am I blah blah blah blah.... my question is, HAVE YOU LOOKED INTO YOUR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND GOD? If we say we love God, we will do anything just to be in His presence. We would do anything just to be intouch with God. When there is a football match at 3 in the morning, we will set the alarm and get up just to watch the game, But when it comes to God, we don't even bothered to get up that early to pray, to spend time with God. I am not saying watching or playing football is a sin, I like football, it's my passion and I'm a footballer as well, but I don't idolized it. Nothing can come between me and God. I sacrificed my football just to do the things of God. I urge you brethren and fellow followers of Christ Jesus, it's now or never, set your priorities right.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

No comments: