Thursday, December 6, 2012

Run in such a way that you may obtain it.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain  it.  And everyone who competes  for the prize  is temperate in all things. Now they  do it  to obtain a perishable crown, but we  for  an imperishable  crown.  Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as  one who  beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring  it  into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

******
Shalom. Blessings and greetings in the name of the Lord. It's tremendous Thursday! Come on friends, we wait for the weekend to come, a time to rest. A time to celebrate our King. Weekdays we do our work. We compete with one another to achieve out targeted outputs. Let us apply the same in our spiritual lives. Let us pray. Abba Father, as we partake of Your word today, help us to run the race with all perseverance and diligence. In Jesus name we ask and pray. Amen.

Everyone is competing against one another even in the ministry. It is a good thing. It enables one to grow deep in Him. An athlete is well trained and prepared for the competition. They go through all kinds of training just to equip them for the competition. The same goes to us who serves the Lord. Before even we step into the fulltime, we are being prepared. Being trained. Now they  do it  to obtain a perishable crown, but we  for  an imperishable  crown.

Therefore we run not without purpose, but with a purpose driven lives. We run with eyes focused on the Cross. We run to achieve, to attain the imperishable reward. As God prepares us, train us, He disciplines us according to calling He has for us. As Paul say " But I discipline my body and bring  it  into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." This means let us practice what we preach, even before we can expect the church practice it. Let the Word to do a Work in us 1st, then later we preach.

Therefore friends, let us run with all perseverance and diligence together and attain the crown that's been prepared for us.

No comments: