Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A donkey to rebuke us...!

Numbers 22:28-34 NKJV

Then the Lord  opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!” So the donkey said to Balaam, “ Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I  became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?” And he said, “No.” Then the Lord  opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.” And Balaam said to the Angel of the Lord , “I have sinned, for I did not know You stood in the way against me. Now therefore, if it displeases You, I will turn back.”

******
Shalom! Day #105. Do you know the level of our stubbornness sometimes is way out of our mind and sometimes God had to use different ways to communicate to us? Let's pray. Father, we thank You for constantly reminding us about our stubbornness. Lord, crush us and make us a new creation. Break us into pieces as we humbly seek Your face. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Folks, many at times God warned us about not to do this or do not go there and so on, yet we disobey God and we willingly want to do the things God prohibits us to do, in the end there's a sense of dissatisfaction and disappointment because we disobeyed God and do things out of His will. In today's verse, God told Balaam not to go, yet he disobeyed God and he went on. His donkey saw that the Angel was standing at the front and made a turn, yet Balaam continue to pursue. And God had to open up the donkeys mouth to rebuke Balaam.

We are also like that, when God says don't go, we disobey and we go. When God says don't do that, we disobey and we do and finally at the end we feel like such a loser, we feel disappointed at God and bla bla bla. Actually God had warned us, but we care less to be bothered of all the warnings. Then the Lord  opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.” And Balaam said to the Angel of the Lord , “I have sinned, for I did not know You stood in the way against me. Now therefore, if it displeases You, I will turn back.” The Angel of the Lord had to intervene and stop Balaam from his stubbornness. Balaam repented. Beware folks, many at times we were found doing and pursuing our own desires and will, and we shunned the voice and rebuking from God. Lest we be found in rebellion with God and against God. Repent, come to God, allow Him to break us, crush us and create us into a new creation once again. Lest God use the donkey to rebuke us again.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: