Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A hypocrite within me...


Luke 18:10-14 NKJV


“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.  I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’  And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

******
† Shalom †……! Day #70. Do you know that the Lord exalts those who humble themselves before the Lord? Let us pray. Father, we come to You in humbleness and in brokenness as we confess our sins before You Lord. Lord we have sinned against You and we pray that You would forgive us and have mercy upon us. We thank You for Your everlasting Love towards us. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

The parable Jesus used to teach His fellow disciples is still applicable to us as well. Many of us are a hypocrite in one way or another, including myself. Just like this Pharisee, we pray Lord thank You that we are not like this person or that person bla bla bla…. Without realizing that we have become like the people that we are praying not to be. The question is, HOW LONG MORE WE WANT TO LIE TO GOD? I just wonder how God feels… The Lord wants us to come to Him not in all our statuses, all the positions we have, or the PhD’s we have acquired in theology and whichever applicable to, or with all the boasting and pride in our hearts. Many are in the habit of ridiculing another person, but when it comes to prayer they pray as though they are so “holy.”

In James 4:10 it is written that “Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.”  We must come to God in humbleness. The tax collector, he came before God in humbleness admitting and confessing His sins before God. He did not even come near to God, but from far he raised his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ Sometimes it amazes me how servants of God behave themselves. Think they are so holy without blemish, without sin and they are the ones will take the first stone to throw. We as a servant of God must portray Christ through our living as a testimony to others and not become a stumbling block. Let us come before God in humbleness and seek Him wholeheartedly. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

 

Let this day be the day of the Lord!


*** If you have any prayer request or any comments, or in any way that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.


Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.


In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: