Thursday, May 28, 2015

To gain Christ...!

Philippians 3:7-11 NKJV

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

******
† Shalom †......! Day #148. Do you know that whatever we have gained in the world,  from the world is NOTHING compared to what we have gained in Christ Jesus? Let us pray. Father,  we pray that we would gain The excellent of the knowledge of Christ and that we may know You and the power of Your resurrection that changes and transforms life. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Friends, the knowledge, the riches, the "joy", the "peace" or whatsoever you've gained from the world is nothing compared to what Christ has stored for you. We as a believer, must come to a point in our life and be able to say " what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ." When you preach Christ, you don't use you methodological theology to preach, but you use the wisdom of God to preach. You don't preach what you like preaching,  or what seems good to hear or even preaching according to all the worldly knowledge you've gained, but to rely fully upon God. Nah, I didn't say that it is wrong to go to bible schools or ecen gaining knowledge in the schools and universities, but what I'm saying is that we simply cannot you our knowledge to understand and to explain the mysterious things of God. Apostle Paul said "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord". Apostle Paul he was a learned man, a bible scholar, a man who knows the law from A to Z, yet when he had an encounter with Jesus, everything has changed in his life.

Are you able to come to a point when you will be able to say " I count them as rubbish?" So that we may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having our own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that we may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, we may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Amen! Hallelujah 🙌! It not just speaking about whatever knowledge we have gained, but as well as all those riches, status, and so on. Are we able to Say that "I am nothing, I am zero?" When you have Christ, you have everything that you need. That you may know Him and the power of His resurrection, be conformed to HIS Death , meaning to crucify your flesh and gaining the Spirit of GOD in you. And the Spirit of God will teach you And show you everything you need to know and even give you everything that you would need to walk the journey of your faith in Christ Jesus. You cannot build a relationship with God using your own philosophies, but only through the faith you have in Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+
TFGM's Daily Devotion
http://sherkarl.blogspot.com

No comments: