Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We live because He has willed...

Deuteronomy 4:4, 30-31 NKJV

But you who held fast to the Lord your God are alive today, every one of you. When you are in distress, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, when you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice (for the Lord your God is a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them.

******
Shalom! Day #71. Do you know that when you held fast to the Lord, your life is preserved? Let's pray. Father thank You for keeping us safe and secured to this day. Let us not depart from Your truth, but remain faithful and strong to the end. In Jesus name we ask and pray. Amen!

The reason I am alive today is because of the Lord. The moment Jesus came into my life, I cling on to Him. Never letting Him go. I realize one thing, that Jesus is the centre of my life. The source of my living, the reason I breathe. Our lives are everything about Jesus. He died for us, we live for Him. Not matter how deep I have fallen, He is there to lift me up again. He forgives me and gives me a second chance to be a better person. But you who held fast to the Lord your God are alive today, every one of you. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who  is  our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Now, who says that Christian walk is difficult? It is indeed difficult for those who do not obey His commands. What's the point of having a Christian name, a Christian skin, a Christian label "I AM A CHRISTIAN", yet there is no true functionality as a follower of Christ? Disobedience is the cause of having this unwanted life, full of distress, disappointments, hatred. Even when we disobey God, He is a merciful God. He forgives. But His grace and mercy is not a license for us to continue to sin and to disobey. When you turn to the Lord your God and obey His voice (for the Lord your God is a merciful God), He will not forsake you nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant of your fathers which He swore to them. When God says no, it means NO! When God said do not be equally yoked with an unbeliever, it means NO. We are so disobedient and so clever carnally to twist and turn the Word of God. The Word of God is not to soothe our will, our plans, our desires. The Word of God is the source of our living. We live because He has willed and planned.


Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

No comments: