Friday, June 7, 2013

Come awake oh my soul....!

Job 4:3-5 NKJV

Surely you have instructed many, And you have strengthened weak hands. Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, And you have strengthened the feeble knees; But now it comes upon you, and you are weary; It touches you, and you are troubled.

******
Shalom! Day #158. Do you know that many at times are good in encouraging the broken hearted, giving them courage to move on, giving them fruitful advices, yet when we ourselves go through hard times we begin to shake and troubled? Father, thank You for this day You have created and given it to us. As we walk this day, let Your Living Word be the basement where we stand on firmly and Your love we cling on to. Let Your Holy Spirit be our Comforter and Encourager today. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

King David, a very good example to this verse. We can see in the book of psalms how king David reacted whenever enemies is after him. He encourages himself. You can find such phrases as REVIVE ME, RESTORE ME, I WILL DELIGHT and many more in the psalms. King David lead by example. Whenever he encountered problems and troubles, he did not sit at a corner and feel pity for himself by putting up a pity party, but he rises up to the challenges by encouraging himself from the Living Word of God for the Word of God gives hope. We as humans always slack in this area, but hey king David is a human as well. We are good in encouraging others but when it has befallen on us we tend to seek attention, putting up a pity party - oh why me, oh how me, oh help me, cannot me.

Now in this chapter and the previous chapter we read about what Job did. He did not open his mouth to curse God, but he begin to curse the day of his birth - pity party. Sitting at a corner and cry me a river. Pondering upon what has happen and seeking attention from others, but when others try  help, encouraged and so on, we like -  oh I have no strength to rise up blah blah blah... Again are we able to rise up to the challenges when troubles and problems comes by our way? Yes we can! But how? It's easy. You must realize the POWER OF THE WORD OF GOD and USE IT TO ENCOURAGE YOURSELF, TO BE REVIVED ONCE AGAIN. Only the truth of the word of God will be able to set you and I free. You have to agree to the Word of God in order to live by It, being raised up again by the power of the word Of God. The word of God is the 100% sure, firm prophecy for your life. It is Living word, and sharper than any two edged sword. Use it wisely.

Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: