Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Do you love Jesus more than anything else...?

John 21:15-17 NKJV

So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.” He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.” He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep.

******
Shalom!  Day #337. Do you know that there is no turning back for everyone who serves the Lord? Let's pray. Father, we pray that we may not waver, falter or even turning back in serving You. Jesus, no matter how hard and tough it may be, continue to strengthen us as we serve You. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Jesus asked Peter, "do you love Me more than these?" "These" Jesus is referring to the 153 fish Peter caught ealier. Peter, decided to go back to his previous profession as a fisherman. Because, he might have thought that Jesus is no longer in earth, their hopes are shattered, so he choose to go back. Even in that situation, Jesus did not scold him or rebuke him at first. All He said was to cast the net on the right side of the boat. Even Jesus prepared fire coal and some fish were laid on it and bread for their breakfast. As I was reading this verse, this conversation between Jesus and Peter grabbed my attention. I was like what are you trying to say Lord?

As I was reading it again and again,  I realized that Jesus kept asking Peter the same question for 3 times. And I was wondering, why 3 times? And it came to my mind that this same Peter,  denied Jesus 3 times. For every denial,  there is a price to be paid! Peter had to pay the price. This is what the Holy Spirit taught me. So let's open up our hearts to receive from God.

1. Do you love me more than these....feed My lambs.
⊙ do you love Jesus more than anything else?

-> this is the question of the day! Do you love God more than anything else? More than you spouse, your family, your statuses, your riches, your piled up pHds? Do you love God more than the blessings and miracles you received? Or you love God because of the blessings and miracles you received? Some people just love God because of the blessings and miracles they receive from Him. Then Jesus go on saying, FEED MY LAMBS. Lambs is young sheeps. In this verse,  if you love Me then feed the young believers,  disciples, feed them spiritually and make sure they grow.

2. Do you love me..... tend My sheeps..
⊙ now this is the second time Jesus is asking Peter. The question is again, why?

-> Well, let me tell you something as a servantor God. Jesus already knew what Peter is going to answer. If the same question Jesus ask us today, oh He very well knows whether are we confessing it with all our hearts or just a lip service. The 1st question is to see how far the willingness we have to doing our service for God. Now the second question is to test how faithful we are in taking care or looking after the things, the ministry, the souls, the church, the works which He has entrusted to us. Are we doing it with all diligence? Are we doing it excellently? The word "tend" in Greek word is POIMAINO, means to attend to, to look after. Basically it means to take care, to nurture, to nurse. Are we taking good care of the things He has entrusted towards us?

3. Do you love Me..... feed My sheeps...
⊙ by now I believe Peter could have felt annoyed. I'm just guessing.

-> at this point, I believe Peter confessed it wholeheartedly, with all his life that he loves the Lord more than anything else. Anyways,  again here we can see that Jesus is stressing on feeding His sheeps. Previously was, feed My lambs. Now feed My sheeps. Sheeps are actually grown-up lambs.  Continue feeding the grown-up lambs. Continue to care for My sheeps till I come again. Continue to lead them. Continue to nurture them. Continue build their faith. Continue to do what you have been doing for Me , in My name. No matter how hard it can be, no matter who complains against you, no matter who's trying to pull you down, no matter how tough it can be, continue to stand strong and take care of my sheeps till I come.

Well,  I believe that I have delivered to you what the Holy Spirit has to say to every individuals who reading this simple yet powerful devotion. Do you love Jesus more than anything else?

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: