Thursday, December 5, 2013

What do you have...?

Acts 3:6-8 NKJV

Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them—walking, leaping, and praising God.

******
Shalom! Day #339. Do you know that as a believer, we all have that one greatest and valuable possession? Let's pray. Father, thank You for giving us one most valuable possession.  More precious than silver or gold. More valuable than the riches the world can offer us. Thank You for giving us the name of Jesus. Whereby in His name every knees shall bow and every tongues confess that He is the Lord. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. What do you have? You may be the richest person in the world, having trillions of money, yet if you don't have Jesus, you are still an empty vessel. A human being without life in it. Even the poorest man lives happily because he has Jesus in him. I'm not a rich person but I have Jesus in me. You might be thinking what Jesus can do. Hey let me tell you something as ordinary believer and as a servant of God. Jesus gives me peace, joy, good health. Jesus gives me power to bind and loose, to heal the sick, to set the demon possessed free. Jesus gives me the Holy Spirit.  Jesus gives me the power of the Holy Spirit. No I'm not a superman or superhuman.  I'm just an ordinary man created to do extraordinary work in the name of Jesus!

With Jesus in you, together with Him you are able to do great and mighty things. In this verse we read about Peter and the lame man.

1. What do you have?
⊙ the gifting God gave us isn't for us only, but to use it to serve others.

- Peter said silver and gold he do not have and not able to offer it to the lame man. But he said I have Jesus. He shared Jesus to that lame man. Are we bringing Jesus into the lives of people? Are we sharing Christ to them who is in need? People needs the Lord and we who have known the Lord and have the Lord,  are to share Him to them.

2. He took him by the right hand and lifted him up.
⊙ being a believer is not just about sharing Jesus,  but it's more than meets the eye.

- Many touch and go believers and servants of God have this habit.  They come, they share,  they go. They forget about following up with that person. They forget about discipleship. Peter not only shared Jesus,  but he went the extra mile in helping the lame man to stand up. And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. We must encourage them, build them, teach them to grow in faith as well as spiritually.

3. So he leaping up, stood and walked.
⊙ the amount of time you invest into a person life will not go in vain.

- Our ministry towards people, the amount of time we invest in teaching them discipling them will never go in vain. We have to disciple them, teach them to the point where that person is able to stand on his own and begin to serve God and others. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them—walking, leaping, and praising God. The joy that you get when you see the person you discipled is to serve God.  The lame man went to the temple and praise God. 

So are you sharing Jesus into the lives of people? Well then, do it excellently. When it's harvest time, you will reap bountiful with songs of joy and praises! Jesus is our greatest possession,  share Him not sell Him!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: