Thursday, December 19, 2013

Practice what you preach...!

Romans 2:21-24 NKJV

You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal? You who say, “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law? For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” as it is written.

******
Shalom! Day #353. Do you know that before you began to teach, preach or even share to anyone, first you must allow the Word of God to correct and to teach us first? Let's pray. Father, forgive us for not taking heed to Your corrections and that we share to people without the word teaching us first. Lord, we do not want to be a hypocrite. Teach us daily as we read and meditate on Your word, and give us the courage to teach others what we have learned from You. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Well, I take this verse seriously because I don't want to be a hypocrite. Lest I be found not practicing what I preach. Meditating time is where the Lord speaks to us, corrects us. Allow the Holy Spirit to have His way in our spiritual life during our meditation time. We as a servants of God must take it seriously when preaching and teaching to others from the Word of God. If we are preaching to them do not steal yet we ourselves coveting money, well the label is, 'HYPOCRITE.' Do not put a yoke on the believers neck if we ourselves are not going to obey and follow it. I cannot teach and preach to married couples if I myself am not married and don't know anything about it. Therefore being as the youth pastor, youth overseer and leader, I can only teach and preach what the Lord has laid in my heart for the youths. I can only teach and preach whatever the Lord has worked in my life 1st as a youth, then I would be able to teach and preach to them.

Come on, do not be like the Pharisees who teach and preach the things they practice not. Let me tell you something as a servant of God. An impactful and powerful message is when the message itself is being taught to us and allow the Word to transform us from inside out and then when we preach to others, you will see and witness the power of God taking place! Now, you want to see something cool? Well begin to allow the Word to work in you 1st.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: