Saturday, December 14, 2013

Race with all joy...!

Acts 20:24, 28-29, 32 NKJV

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.

******
Shalom! Day #348. Do you know that there's no greater joy than the joy found in serving God and doing His will? Let's pray. Father, we thank You for the joy and privilege You've given us in serving You. We pray Lord that You would continue to strengthen us as we run and finish the race with all perseverance and endurance. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

I've always admired apostles Paul for his leadership qualities. Serving God isn't something "today I do, tomorrow I don't." It's our living, our lifestyle. If you read Philippians 1:21 Apostle Paul says, "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain." Paul got his motives and  purpose right in serving God. But none of these move me, nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy. Wow! What a declaration! Paul says "none of these?" What is he talking about? None of what the world has to offer Paul has ever moved him, but the only thing moved him to continue to pursue with all diligence and perseverance is the call of God and the ministry that's been entrusted to him by God. Although he went through many persecutions, bound in chains,  yet he count it all joy in serving.

In this passage, Paul is setting an example of how to serve, to lead the church of God.

1. Count it all joy and privileged in serving God.
⊙ not only in trials and tribulations but in serving as well.

=> nothing else matters when comes to serving God.  If you're serving God today, count it as a privilege. If God did not call you, you may not even have a chance to serve. You did not choose Him, but He choose. As we continue to serve Him, let us not be entangled with the worldly things. Let not these things moves you, but let the call of God moves you to the greater heights in ministry and life.

2. Take heed yourselves and to all the flock.
⊙ wow... the ministry, the congregation God gave you is to take care and expand.

=> Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. God purchased with His own blood and gave it to you to take care and to expand. Don't just be a maintenance worker who all he does is just maintaining it, but be as a farmer who plants, trims and produce. You are to impact and transform the lives of your flock, your disciples, believers, congregation. They are precious because they were purchased with His own blood. With all diligence and excellence,  serve them and care for them.

3. Make sure they are walking in the right path.
⊙ make sure they aren't entangled with wrong doctrines.

=> you are responsible for their growth. Make sure they don't slipped away from the path that leads to life. For false teachers may come to divert them from the Truth. Beware of fox in the lamb clothes. You must lead them and nurture them. You must feed them spiritually. Make sure they grow in the truth and not be entangled with false doctrines.

So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Your serving is not in vain. You shall have your reward.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: