Thursday, February 27, 2014

Get out of your traditional rituals...!

Revelation 2:14-17 NKJV

But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.  Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.  Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. ” ’

******
Shalom! Day #58. Do you know that even though we're called and known as the believers of Christ Jesus, yet we still hold to our traditional ways, traditions, as well as seeking witch doctors and be involved in witchcraft? Let's pray. Father, we repent of our sins. Set us free from this bondage so that we may no longer given to things of traditional ways as well as seeking the witch doctors help and be involved in witchcraft. Have mercy upon us and heal us Lord,  set us free. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

As believers we are to leave every wicked and be baptized into Jesus Christ but being a believer, we still hold on to traditional ways of doing things. We still hold on to the traditional rituals when certain celebration comes. May be, before we are born again, we were pagans, believe in worshipping spirits and so on, but once we have repented, we still hold on to this kind of rituals. In today's verse again from the same chapter,  I stop at this chapter to see, read and understand what the Spirit is saying to the churches. The book is revelation, so we need revelation from God as we read this messages that's being sent to the 7 churches.

As I was reading this verse, the Holy Spirit begin to open up my mind to see what's the meaning of this verse. Indeed when it was revealed, I have to admit that knowingly or unknowingly we are still being bonded to all those traditional rituals. Christians, we must literally destroy the bridge after being a new born believer. But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.  Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. If we are still practising our old ways, you know, instead going to Jesus in prayer we go to witch doctors for help. Instead of praying and claiming His words, we get involved in witchcraft. Jesus says, "Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth." Whoaaaa if we are still entangled with such things it means we are at war with God Himself for not obeying His commandments.  We are rebelling against God. I close by this verse.

Galatians 3:1-4 NKJV

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it  was in vain?

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: