Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Lord disciplines those whom He loves...!

Hebrews 12:5-6, 28 NKJV

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: “My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord , Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.

******
Shalom! Day #42. Do you know that God loves you so much and that He disciplines those whom He loves? Let's pray. Father, we thank You for Your love towards us. We know Lord that it's for our good that You discipline us. Give us a heart that would endure Your disciplines so that through this, the life and characters of Christ be formed in us. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

God disciplines and disciples us. In my previous sharings, I've shared how wild I was and it took God to tame me. No one was able to disciple and discipline me. But when God came into the picture of my life, everything began to change. He disciplines me and disciple me. Although it's painful yet it's gainful! Today's word speaks about God chastening or disciplining His elected ones, His loved ones. Those days when I was still schooling,  there was this disciplinary department and those who are naughty are sent to the discipline teacher for further action, but now, many parents are complaining this and that about teachers caning their children. I will for sure cane my children if they don't obey and naughty. For it is biblical and it's written in Proverbs 22:6 NKJV Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. And in Proverbs 23:13-14 NKJV Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell. The disciplines of God delivers your soul from hell.

Personally, my life was formed to where I am now is because I allowed God to interfere and be involved in my life. So I begin to acknowledge His lordship over my life and be disciplined and discipled by Him. The Lord trained me and showed the way that I should go. The disciplines of God is good for your soul because you can see His grace in it and that you may fear and revere God. Everyone whom God receives, He scourges them. Therefore be willing to allow God to discipline and disciple you.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: