Saturday, February 8, 2014

Grow and remain not as a "baby Christian".....!

Hebrews 6:1-2, 4-6, 9-12 NKJV

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. For it  is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in  that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

******
Shalom! Day #39. Do you know that each one of us are to be grown-up believers and not "baby Christians" anymore? Let's pray. Father, we pray that we would grow in You as we walk with You daily. To grow deeper in the fullness knowledge of You. Holy Spirit give us a new revelation of You as we walk with You daily. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

As a believer, I choose to grow deeper in the fullness knowledge of God. When first I accepted the Lord, I did not just wait for people to teach me or disciple me, though it was a necessary thing and indeed I was taught and discipled, yet I learn and grow deeper in the fullness knowledge of God through the help of the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit was and still is my Teacher. He disciples as well as teaching me new things. I choose not to remain stagnant but I choose to receive feesh knowledge, revelation, teaching from God Himself. I choose to grow from a baby Christian to spiritually matured believer. So how do I grow? Well different people has different ways. I will let you know in just a bit. In this verse we read today, especially for new believers,  I hope today's message would be an encouragement to you in helping to you grow deeper in the Lord. Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection. Everyone of us have learned the basic foundation of Christ,  let us not just remain there but let us grow and move on from there. Bringing your faith to perfection in Christ. Your spiritual growth happens when your faith in Christ grows.

You must be diligent to grow. Growth is a process. It doesn't happen in one day or overnight, but it takes time. There's a proverb that says "there's no age in learning." Indeed this saying is true. You stop learning when you die and you stop learning when you become stagnant and lazy. When you grow, you will witness the greater glory of God and He shall bring you to a place of greater significance. From success to significance in Christ Jesus. When you grow, you will see how great and mighty God is through your life. Now, how did I grow and came to a place of where I am now. As I mentioned earlier,  different people different ways. So here's a little of it.

1. You must desire to grow from the basic knowledge of God.
⊙ your growth is eminent. I did not stop at basic discipleship, but I desired and hunger to know more about God and who Jesus is. So I study the living and powerful word of God daily. No, I'm not holy, but as I continue to study His word, I'm being sanctified daily. Studying is not enough, but there must be a constant longing of His presence in our lives. A daily communication with the Lord helps much in your growth. Many settled down at the basic knowledge of God and when temptations and storms come by as well as in trials and testing, they fall easily.

2. As you grow, put your faith to test.
⊙ yes put your faith at the battlefield of life. I grow by taking up projects that I even dare not try to do but as I put my faith in Him, I take it and accomplished it successfully by the help of God. I grow when my faith grows. My motto is I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME! Cool right? Hahahaha. Many times, I have fallen sick and again it's another opportunity for me to see the wondrous and magnificent power of God. No matter how bad or how sick I am, people advice me to see a doctor but I remain steadfast because I know MY GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE me. I am healed by the stripes of Jesus! I'm not asking you to do so. My faith level may differ from yours. If you dare to believe in Him, then go ahead and put your Faith to test and you shall see the glory of God!

3. Grow by observing people.
⊙ I grow spiritually by observing and learning from many servants of God. Personally, I have a few of the great servants as my mentor of which I indirectly learn from them. My hero from the bible, besides Jesus, is apostle Paul. I admire the way he does his ministry. For example, the late Rev. David Wilkerson, I learn many things from him. The way he preach, the messages will really impact you. My senior overseer, he is the man I always look up to. This is how I learn.

Finally folks, I desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: