Sunday, May 11, 2014

A faith that controls mountains...!

Joshua 14:6-12 NKJV

Then the children of Judah came to Joshua in Gilgal. And Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him: “You know the word which the Lord said to Moses the man of God concerning you and me in Kadesh Barnea. I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord  sent me from Kadesh Barnea to spy out the land, and I brought back word to him as it  was in my heart. Nevertheless my brethren who went up with me made the heart of the people melt, but I wholly followed the Lord my God. So Moses swore on that day, saying, ‘Surely the land where your foot has trodden shall be your inheritance and your children’s forever, because you have wholly followed the Lord my God.’ And now, behold, the Lord has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, ever since the Lord spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness; and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. As yet I am  as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord  will  be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said.”

******
Shalom! Day #131. Do you know that when begin to serve the Lord from your youthful age, when you grow old,  you will just feel that you are still having the strength of a youth? Let's pray. Father, our pray is that Your joy will be our strength and as we joyfully serve You,  let Your joy be completed in us and continue to strengthen us as we conquer new mountains. In Jesus name we ask and pray,  amen!

Folks, serve the Lord from your youth. Even till today, I don't feel tired serving the Lord,  yet my strength is renewed each time I serve the Lord. I just feel the strength of a young lion oh yes like the eagle soaring with the Lord! In today's verse we look into Caleb's attitude. Even though he was 85 years old, yet he has the strength of a 40 years old man. He wholeheartedly followed the Lord since his younh age, he was one of the 12 spies,  he was the one who the Lord said, "a man with a different spirit." The attitude Caleb has is something that we going to look into and study today.

In the new testament, Jesus said, "if you have a faith as a mustard seed you can move the mountain." But in this verse,  Caleb is asking for a mountain. It means he has a faith not just to move the mountain but also to conquer and take control of the mountain. Wow! Look at his faith! A man with a different spirit has a faith not just to move mountains but also to take control of the mountains. Here, mountains I can say something of what you are facing, your situations, problems and every challenges we face. We always want to move the mountains, but to stay and take control of it, no... but a man who is able to take control of a situation, problems, or even challenges, he or she will grow strong in faith and spirit. We always run to pastors, leaders for prayers so that our burdens are lightened, nothing wrong, but God has given us a Spirit that's greater than that's in the world. Use the power and authority God has given to us. Be bold and courageous to step in and take control of any kind of situations and challenges you face. Never falter and runaway or even take the easy way out from every problems or even challenges. Stand strong and fight it!  Conquer and take control!  Caleb has an attitude of never giving up, willing to face new challenges,  willing to take control of every kinds of situations and challenges and problems. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord  will  be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: