Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Get ready to step in...!

Joshua 1:1-3, 5, 8-9 NKJV

After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord , it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying: “Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. No man shall be  able  to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so  I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

******
Shalom! Day #126. Do you know that Lord has been preparing the next breed of leaders to lead this generation? Let's pray. Father, we present ourselves before You today, that You would use us, to lead this generation into their promised land, their inheritance. Use us Lord as we willingly give ourselves to You. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

As I was reading this verse today, suddenly the Lord whispered to me saying, "get ready to step into your promised land, you inheritance and as you lead, you will cause this generation to inherit their promises as you lead them." I was so surprised by the statement the Lord said. I believe, I am not the only one who will lead thi generation, but together with many others who the Lord has prepared. In today's verse we can see how the shift of leadership took place. When Moses was leading,  the Lord spoke to the Israelites through Moses,  and now as soon as Moses is dead, it is written that "After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord , it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun." The Lord begin to communicate through Joshua the new leader of Israelites. It means the Lord our God did not sit and wait and mourn for the death of Moses, but as soon as Moses died, the Lord spoke to Joshua!  God did not procrastinate. He called Joshua and gave him His commands to  arise, go over this Jordan, he and all this people, to the land which the Lord is giving to them—the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of his foot will tread upon the Lord have given to him, as He said to Moses. Wow what an assurance!

Folks, are you ready to step into your promised land your inheritance? As you step into your promised land, there will be enemies around you attacking you. God did not promised a bed of roses, a road without potholes but He Indeed promised that "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. No man shall be  able  to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so  I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Wow...this is what I am talkong about now. We are not alone. As you lead God is with you,  anf He very well knows that you are not able to do it alone. But with one condition which is  "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." Meditate on it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. Now this was Joshua's secret. He did not do anything without asking God.  He obeyed the laws and the commandments of God. He did not flow according to how the Israelites was, but he lead with courage and integrity.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: