Saturday, May 10, 2014

The day the sun stood still...!

Joshua 10:12-14 NKJV

Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon; And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.” So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. And there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel.

******
Shalom! Day #130. Do you know that the sun and the moon will take heed to your commands when you command them? Let's pray. Father, thank You for entrusting us Your power and authority. As we understand the weight it carries, let us not use it in vain. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

There was once a group of scientists did a research on why there's a day missing in the solar system they were not able to answer or find the answer until they stumbled upon this verse in this chapter. Then they began to understand why was there a day went missing. The day that the sun stood still! I don't know whether will this kind of phenomena will happen in our age or not, but one thing I believe is that in the name of Jesus every knees shall bow, everything will take heed to the commands. But again, I don't know whether it will happen again or not, I haven't tried before. When Joshua commanded the sun and moon to stand still, it stood still, it happened! What kind of a man is he, even the sun and the moon obeyed his commands? The reason the sun and the moon obeyed his commands is because THE LORD WAS WITH HIM! The power and the authority the Lord bestowed upon him was at worked! Do you remember that the Lord said, "I will exalt you?"  Yes indeed the Lord exalted Joshua, even his fame wasn't like Moses.

If we realize that to us, the Lord has entrusted His power and authority,  then do not doubt to use it in every situations of your lives. In Matthew the last chapter,  the Lord said “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Now that same power has been given to us. The power of the name of Jesus Christ! Yes, the power of His name! There's power, wonders working power in the name of the Lord and in the precious blood of the Lamb! Joshua knows his identity. He knows what he is capable of doing because the Lord was with Him and He know that without the Lord he is nothing and won't be able to do anything! Not by power, not by might but by the Spirit of the Lord that's at work in and through each one of us. I am a child of God,  I know what I am capable of doing,  I know who I am and I know that the Lord is with me therefore I am fearless and courageous! How about you? Well, the fact is I haven't command the sun and the moon to stand still, I'm not sure whether I want to do so or not, haha.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: