Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Loyalty and faithfulness...!

Ruth 1:16-17, 22 NKJV

But Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave you, Or  to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall  be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything  but death parts you and me.” So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabitess her daughter-in-law with her, who returned from the country of Moab. Now they came to Bethlehem at the beginning of barley harvest.

******
Shalom! Day #140. Do you know that faithfulness and loyalty is what people valued most in a person? Let's pray. Father, give a heart that's loyal and faithful towards Your call and will and in doing it at any cost. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

People respects a person who is loyal and faithful. For example, no matter how bad or evil your boss may be, you still choose to stay and serve him, why? Maybe because of your prayers and kindness may change him to a better person. A loyal and faithful person is the one who goes through whatever situation the boss goes. Many of us choose to run away when the company is about to bankrupt or going through many problems. Those who are faithful and loyal will stay and see the breakthrough. For example, Peter,  Jesus said that he would deny Jesus 3 times, and Peter said he will never do it at all, but what happens? When persecution comes, he denied Jesus. Peter was afraid. Another example, for those who are married,  the vows we make, for better and worst, in tears and joy, in laughter and sadness,  together forever. This is really meaningful.  Whatever the husband and wife go through, they go through it together. If suffer, suffer together. Where does any husband or wife let their spouse to suffer and another enjoy life?

In today's verse,  we learn about Ruth's loyalty and faithfulness towards Naomi. The Hebrew word Ruth means friend. A friend is loyal and faithful, well some are not. Ruth was not just a daughter in-law to Naomi, but she was a friend as well. The bold statement and decision Ruth made,"Entreat me not to leave you, Or  to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall  be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything  but death parts you and me" changed her life totally. Jesus, He wasn't just a Friend, but He went to the extend of giving His life for the remission of our sins. Who is there a friend who would give his life for another, but Jesus. Ruth said to Naomi, I will never leave even if you chase me like a dog, I will still be loyal and faithful to you. This is the kind of attitude every believer must have. We always want good things from God, yet when troubles and problems comes, we runaway from God. Are we friends of God? Abraham was known as the friend of God because of his loyalty and faithfulness towards God in willing to sacrifice Isaac. Be loyal and faithful wherever God has placed you, unless God ask you to move out.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: