Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Faithful and loyal servant...!

II Samuel 15:19-21 NKJV

Then the king said to Ittai the Gittite, “Why are you also going with us? Return and remain with the king. For you are a foreigner and also an exile from your own place. In fact, you came only yesterday. Should I make you wander up and down with us today, since I go I know not where? Return, and take your brethren back. Mercy and truth be with you.” But Ittai answered the king and said, “ As the Lord lives, and as my lord the king lives, surely in whatever place my lord the king shall be, whether in death or life, even there also your servant will be.”

******
Shalom! Day #155. Do you know that it is important that you should practice your faithfulness and loyalty towards your Lord our God? Let's pray. Father, we do not want to be the ones who betrays and deny You. As we have witnessed all Your marvelous works, let us continue to remain faithful till the end. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Faithfulness and loyalty,  it may seems to be like a big word, but let me tell you, if you are practising it, then it would be an easy thing for you. Most of the time I study the characters of a dog. A dog is so much loyal to its master no matter how good or bad the master can be. There's a story which I read from the internet about this dog who will go to its master's grave everyday at 6pm and sleeps there and return back home in the morning. The dog watches over the master's grave. Sorry for saying this but I have to, Dogs are more faithful and loyal than human's.

In today's verse, Ittai a Gittite, was a foreigner and was an exile from his own place was loyal to David. Ittai answered the king and said, “ As the Lord lives, and as my lord the king lives, surely in whatever place my lord the king shall be, whether in death or life, even there also your servant will be.” Ittai literary saying that he will be loyal to David till his last breath. The question is, are we being loyal and faithful to our God, employer, church, family, friends, our spouse? Many people like run away when their master encounters problems. Many Christian run away when the church is under persecution. Many will not stand with their pastor. Ittai,  not even an Israelite, he chose to stand with David. What about us? Think about it and do something.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: