Saturday, June 14, 2014

What do you have...?

I Kings 17:12-16, 24 NKJV

So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.” And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son. For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’ ” So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah. Then the woman said to Elijah, “Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is the truth.”

******
Shalom! Day #165. Do you know that God is able to create a miracle with what you have now? Let's pray. Father, we give to You what we have, turn it into miracle and use it for the glory of Your name. In Jesus name we ask and pray,  amen!

Your life in the hands of God, is a wonderful thing. He creates the Master's piece out of your life. The Master's touch upon your life. What do you have now, give it to God and He's able to create an extraordinary miracle out of it. When you think, "oh this is it, I am done, there's nothing good in me, such a looser, worthless, useless," let me tell you something. Miracles happens when you stop leaning on your own strength and abilities and surrender to God and let Him to take over and to create a miracle. Every hopeless situation is a hopeful situation in God's hand.

In today's verse, we can see how Elijah instructed the widow to bake some cake for him first, but the widow replied him saying that she only have a handful of flour and a little bit of oil and that's the last meal they are going to have and then die. It means that she is simply agreeing to her situation that she has nothing left for her and her son and it better to die than to live. But when God brought Elijah into the situation of the widows life, and she began to do according to everything Elijah instructed, she began to witness a miracle. As I said earlier,  when you are at the very point of giving up, God is able to create a miracle. Lean not on your own understanding, strength and wisdom but allow God to take over. What you have is just more than enough for God to create a miracle. Miracle happens when you believe. Miracle happens when you are willing to let go and let God. Miracle happens when you are willing to see like how God sees in every situations.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: