Friday, June 20, 2014

God, open our eyes to see...!

II Kings 6:15-18 NKJV

And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, and said, “ Lord , I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord  opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. So when the  Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord , and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

******
Shalom! Day #171. Do you know that sometimes we are spiritually blinded from seeing the plans of God for our lives? Let's pray. Father, open the eyes of our hearts Lord, that we may see You and Your plans for us. Heal us from our spiritual blindness so that we may see Your plans and purposes for our lives. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

We sometimes failed to see what God has for us, and every time we keep on asking God to show us His plans for us. What we should do is, ask God  to heal us from our spiritual blindness so that we can see what He has installed for us. As the blind Bartimeaus, was sitting by the road side and he heard that Jesus was passing by, and he shouted with all his heart until Jesus stopped and asked him, "what can I do for you?"  And he replied, "Rabbi,  that I may see." Jesus answered him, "Go, your faith has healed you." Wow... Folks, the key to see God's plans and purposes in our lives is FAITH. Your faith in God will enable you to see a clear vision of His plans and purposes for you.

In today's verse, Elisha's servant was terrified when he saw the army surrounding the place where they were staying and he reacted, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" He was afraid, terrified and petrified. He even could have thought of escaping. But when Elisha saw the army, with all his coolness he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” Wow.., and this reminds me of a verse in the bible which says,  "greater is He that's in us than he that's in the world." And again, Elisha is simply declaring that when we are in God's side, who dan be against us? Then what Elisha did next was something no one would do. Elisha prayed, and said, “ Lord , I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord  opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. Wowww... Elisha prayed that the eyes of his servant be opened to see what the Lord has already prepared. Then the servants eyes was opened and he began to understand and was able to see the things God has prepared.   So when the  Syrians came down to him, Elisha prayed to the Lord , and said, “Strike this people, I pray, with blindness.” And He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha. Are you praying the same old prayer, "God show me your ways, God show me your plans for my life, God show me the llife partner You have prepared for me?" You should pray, "God open my eyes, that I may see." The key is to have faith to see what God has for you. You can't see the things of God with your carnal mind, but by faith let your eyes be opened to see into the spiritual realm all the things God has prepared for you.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: