Sunday, June 1, 2014

Give your best to God...!

II Samuel 6:20-22 NKJV

Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, “How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!” So David said to Michal, “ It  was before the Lord , who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord , over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord . And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor.”

******
Shalom! Day #152. Do you know that we are aught to give our best to God in every ways of our lives snd in everything we do and we are? Let's pray.  Father, thank You for appointing us to be Your glorified vessels. We pledge our allegiance to Jesus,  to serve with all our hearts,  body, soul and spirit. In Jesus name we ask and pray, Amen!

We must understand one truth. Not man, not pastors nor apostles and prophets who appointed you, but God Himself with all grace and mercy He appointed you to be His vessels. Therefore we are by all means to give our very best to God in every ways of our life and in everything we do for God. In today's verse, we see how king David gave his to God. He worshipped God with all his might, with all his soul, spirit and mind. No, don't get me wrong. I'm not asking you to dance like David dance, but to be truthful like him, to give his very best to God.

But what happened was, Michal, despised David because he dance until his clothes came off. So David answered Michal, "It  was before the Lord , who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord , over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord . And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor." Wow, such a brave proclamation! He knows and affirmed that it is God who appointed him to be the ruler of Israel. Whatever we do for God,  when we realize and recognize that God is the one who called us from the darkness into His marvelous light and that we would give our all, our best to God towards the call and towards His works. Not only we worship Him in spirit and in truth but also to serve Him in spirit and in truth. If you don't know he meaning of serving and worshipping God, well better get your pastor to explain to you, lest you serve and worshipping Him without meaning.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: