Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hear, O My people...!

Psalms 81:8, 10-12 NKJV

“Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me! I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. “But My people would not heed My voice, And Israel would have  none of Me. So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels.

******
Shalom! Day #245. Do you know that there are times when God allows you to walk in your stubborn ways, to learn a lesson? Let's pray. Father, forgive us for being stubborn hearted. When You call, we want to listen, when You lead, we want to follow. Deliver us from our rebellious ways. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

We serve a God who is gentle and merciful yet at the same time it doesn't mean that God will not get angry over the things we do that's not pleasing Him. He doesn't force His ways on us, yet He always warns and reminds us of the consequences that would take place if we disobey His words and do things according to the ways of a wicked person. Most of the time, people who already tasted the goodness of God and have seen His great and mighty works tends to give in to their wicked ways. Unbelief is the root cause of this. Why believers can turn to their wicked ways and rebel against God so easily, is because of their unbelieving heart and they have no personal encounter with the Lord. They are easily be fooled and easily fallen into the traps and schemes of the devil.

In today's verse, it is written that “But My people would not heed My voice, And Israel would have  none of Me. So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, To walk in their own counsels." People who don't want to listen to the counsel of God, who do not want to heed the words of God,  are so stubborn and rebellious person. When God says no, we tend to go against His word and do it our ways to please our heart and desires and when things didn't turn up the way we want, we then blame God for it. We think that God did not help us, whereas God already warned us a thousand times. Now,we regret also no point, but if you regret, let it to lead you to repentance. And God says, “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me! I am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." Admonish means to advise, to rebuke, to reprove. If you are willing to listen and take heed to His voice, then you shall see.the word of God alive in You and leading you in the path of righteousness.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: