Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A sledgehammer for my stubbornness and disobedient heart...!

Jeremiah 44:4-5, 10 NKJV

However I have sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, “Oh, do not do this abominable thing that I hate!” But they did not listen or incline their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense to other gods. They have not been humbled, to this day, nor have they feared; they have not walked in My law or in My statutes that I set before you and your fathers.’

******
Shalom!  Day #212. Do you know that a stubborn heart will find it hard to listen or incline their hearts from obeying the words of God regarding their life and also are not willing to take corrections? Let's pray.  Father,  please deal with the stubbornness in our hearts today. Remove every form of disobedience and stubbornness in our lives today. In Jesus name we ask and pray,  amen!

God does not do anything without a reason. When God ask you to go and speak to certain person well there is a reason why He ask us to do so. Whether that person wants to listen or not it's up to them, let God deal with them. Stubbornness, disobedience and hard hearted people, in my point of view, we will need a sledgehammer to hammer the hard rock! It means, even after warning them and they seemed to pay less attention to His corrections, well then let God Himself to teach them. This people professedly say that they have dealt with such areas in their life, but for fact the root is still there. You may not realize it until it come to surface again. The root of disobedience and stubbornness are remained hidden unless and until it is rekindled again. When iron sharpens iron, there is where we begin to see how rebellious, stubborn and disobedient a person can be. It may be a generational curse as well.

I have encountered many as such case. Even recently, I was talking with my friend, I've been following his updates about this certain person. This Mr.X came to my friends for help, he came with such tears in his eyes. Then as my friend begin to interrogate Mr.X, this Mr.X begin to share his story and everything. He is a new believer, but was left aside and has no one to disciple him. Then to cut the long story short, my friends, they begin to help him in many ways but this Mr.X hardens his heart and begin to blame my friends for being a hindrance for him. Then I begin to recall few verses in the bible where God hardens the hearts of the kings. So I was wondering,  Lord, what is this Mr.X's story. Then I know he has a rebellious spirit in him, a pretending spirit. He think is ok, but for fact he is not. Stubbornness,  pride and disobedience is holding him back from moving forward. People want to help, Jesus wants to heal, but Mr.X givings reasons and blaming other people for every bad thing that's happen in his life just like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda. Folks, stubbornness and disobedience is a great hindrance and it can cause you to go against His word and God Himself. Rebellion. You may seem to be ok ok but the true fact is the root is still there! I have encountered many as suh cases, finally what I do is, I will just surrender them to God and I wil pray GOD, PLEASE DEAL WITH THEM AS HOW YOU HAVE DEALT WITH ME!  And when God begans that "wonderful and extraordinary" process, I tell you , you will enjoy it, if you know what I meant. You will feel an excruciating pain as you go through that moment when God Himself begans to discipled you. Oh that breaking process! In your pride you may say to God YOU CANNOT BREAK ME, if you realize one thing, it's not you who speaks but the devil.   People it's never to late to allow God to heal and restore you. Allow God to break you. From brokenness and humility before God comes healing, restoration and revival.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: