Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Do not say that I am a youth...!

Jeremiah 1:7-8, 19 NKJV

But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord . They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you,” says the Lord , “to deliver you.”

******
Shalom! Day #198. Do you know that the Lord has delivered your from the hands of those who will fight against you? Let's pray. Father, give us a heart of obedience that we may obey whatever You command us to do and to go wherever You ask us to go. Let Your word speak to us today. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Do not despise yourself because you are young. Do not say that i am a youth. In Christian living there are 2 stages as for my knowledge. First stage, the baby Christians.  This stage Christians are new believers that needs a person to teach them, guide them, disciple them because they are new believers who just accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. The second stage is the matured Christians.  In this stage,  matured Christians,  they are independent. They are bold and strong. They possesses an unshakeable faith. They do great and mighty things for God. Ok, now in this two stages, age does not count. It means, in stage one there are teenagers, youth, adults and also older people same goes to the second stage. We can be 10 years old Christian or Christian by generation, still we can be baby christians. The level of spiritual maturarity is stagnant and not progressing. Therefore in this verse, God is trying to tell us stop being a baby Christian all the while and begin to grow. Let your spiritual level grow. No more just drinking milk only, but start digesting solid foods. Do not say that I am a youth. Do not say OH GOD I AM NOT READY YET. When God gives you an opportunity, He knows that you are fit for it and that's why He opens the door for you. Why we say I am not ready, it's because we are not bold to step into the door which He has opened. When God commands you to do something, you better do it without giving reasons. Be prepared in and out of season.

And the Lord says, DO NOT BE AFRAID. Not only that and He continued saying FOR I AM WITH YOU TO DELIVER YOU! Do not be afraid whether people will receive you or not. Even if they fight against you, they shall not prevail against you.  The prophets in the bible, many were rejected because people they just want to hear to good things only. When a prophet give a warning, the people begin to persecute the prophets and harm them. Be bold and be strong. Do not despise yourself for you are young by age or young by the level of your spiritual maturity. God has chosen you for a reason, so do what He has commanded you to do. Stop reasoning and complaining. God is not interested in your reasons and complaining.  He is interested in a person who would say HERE I AM LORD, USE ME, without questioning and reasoning.  Just do it!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: