Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I am a hypocrite...!

Jeremiah 42:3, 6, 20-21 NKJV

that the Lord your God may show us the way in which we should walk and the thing we should do.” Whether it  is pleasing or displeasing, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God to whom we send you, that it may be well with us when we obey the voice of the Lord our God.” For you were hypocrites in your hearts when you sent me to the Lord your God, saying, ‘Pray for us to the Lord our God, and according to all that the Lord your God says, so declare to us and we will do it. ’ And I have this day declared it to you, but you have not obeyed the voice of the Lord your God, or anything which He has sent you by me.

******
Shalom!  Day #211. Do you know that we have as a human do have a hypocrite heart? Let's pray. Father, forgive us for being double minded,  double hearted filled with hypocrisy. Lord, we repent of our wrong doing today and give us a one heart that's wholly set apart and focused on You. In Jesus name we ask and pray,  amen!

True story. This verse is a true account of how the conditions of a believers heart. Whenever we faced problems, troubles or even in need of advice from God,  we normally look for pastors to pray for us. At that time we pledge that we would listen and obey and bla bla bla, but when God answers us back with not we expected, we tend not to obey. First We say no matter what is the answer from God I will accept and do, but when He has answered we tend to rebel and disobey. A hypocrite is a person who says something and does something else. Hypocrite - His/hers words and actions are not the same or shall I say N.A.T.O - No Action Talk Only. Even when a pastor or a leader knows something about a certain person and when they confront them and that certain person is not willing to accept the correction,  yet they say i OBEY  THE VOICE OF GOD!

Let's journey together with me to the land of a hypocrites heart... Hypocrite,  a liar, a deceiver,  NATO. The bible points out many things about hypocrites. For example, Jesus always uses the Pharisees as an example of hypocrites. They do not see the specks in their eyes, but they are quick to judge others. Another example, Christians or let me say BELIEVERS they profess to know God,  but they deny Him by their works. We say we know God, we know His promises yet when trials and testings comes we began to falter.  We know the reality of the promises of Jesus, yet we always say.... I feel lonely, I feel so borings bla bla bla.... isn't that hypocrisy? Anything a hypocrite tries to hide will be exposed one day. There are many bible references to a hypocrites heart,  if you have time go search it out. So my question is simple. Have we been a hypocrite in anyways of our lives, serving God? It's time to repent. Jesus did not discipled a group of hypocrites. He discipled a group of world conquerors, not a bunch of deceivers. I am convicted when God began to open the secret of His word today and I found one word which is HYPOCRISY. In one way or another in have been a hypocrite and I choose to repent, what about you?

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: