Friday, July 19, 2013

Metanoeo....!

Jeremiah 7:3 NKJV

Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.

******
Shalom!  Day #200. Do you know that in order to follow the Lord,  we first must correct our ways? Let's pray. Father, help us to review our ways and correct it according to Your will and aligned it according to Your ways. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

Amend in greek word is METANOEO which means to change one's mind, to repent. Todays passage of the scripture has taught me something. Everyday I share this devotion to everyone of you is because what the Lord has taught me, I share it to everyone else. So for today, the Lord with a simple words He is telling us to change the our ways and our doings, or to repent and to be realigned to His ways. We may claim to be Christians,  but do you know that our ways and doings are most of the time not inline with God's ways and doings! We tend to do things our ways and ending up in disaster. Lack of spending time with God and waiting in His presence to get His counsel on how to go about doing things. Folks, we must repent of this. Personally, God opened my eyes to see in which area I am slacking. My ways, my doings aren't pleasing Him and I must repent,  correct it and change the way I do things or even live. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not the "holy Joe." I'm a human being with all weakness. I know my condition and that's why I willingly allowing God to do whatever it takes to clean me up, to restore me, to discipline me, to teach me.

When we are inline with His ways and doings,  God will cause you to dwell in this place. I was asking God, what place? And the answer I got is, whatever we do shall prosper, in the place we stay - our home shall be blessed it shall be like the Joseph's store, our works prosper and bear fruits. Now for this to happen, we need to allow the Holy Spirit to search deep within us and to expose to us the things in our life which are not inline with Him. Then repent.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: