Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Have you purposed in your heart...!

Daniel 1:8, 17, 20 NKJV

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. And in all matters of wisdom and understanding about which the king examined them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers who were in all his realm.

******
Shalom! Day #233. Do you know our obedience towards God and His words, will eventually bring blessings, success, good health, healthy spiritual living, revival and restoration,  and many more? Let's pray. Father, give us an obedient heart as Daniel had. A heart that's fully focused on You and a purposed heart that will never do anything that could defile Your temple. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Well, everyday is a special day for me, but, today is an extraordinary special day for me. On this day, 31 years ago, before I came into this world, God knew me even before I was formed in my mother's womb and He has written His purposes and His mandates in my heart just before I came to existence. And now, it has been 14 precious years together with the Lord and been serving Him all this while is a great privilege!  It took me 17 years after my birth to discover the purpose of why I was created. I gave up my career as an IT Engineer at a very well known company that makes the computers brain with a well paying salary just to embrace and to step into the purpose that God has for me. Well you might be wondering what it has to do with today's verse, well I coming there. This same verse came to me 14 years back when I accepted Jesus. And God has been true to His word! I was the worlds reject,  but Jesus accepted me.

Daniel purposed in his heart not to defile himself. The stand which Daniel made, God honors it. And he became great. God took him and made him to be an important man in Babylon. In John chapter 1, you would read about Jesus and John the Baptist.  There you will see a few points of why Jesus and John the Baptist came as well. Well Jesus, as we read in John 1:18 NKJV No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. Here there is a profound truth. People ask where Jesus came from the answer is He was in the bosom of the Father, which means within the heart of God, and God speaks and Jesus was manifested into being. God created us in His image. God created us from within His bosom to do and live for His purpose. Jesus has creative power. As we invite Jesus in our daily lives, somehow we will see His creative power  at work. God meant our lives to be purposeful. And now Daniel was like John the Baptist. Let's look into verse 6 and 7 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.

Four points I found here was :

There was a man. First you have to Recognize our humanity. We aren't some kind of angels.  But humans in nature. Human has their weaknesses. They fall and they rise. Yet God still choose this man, we. For what?

Sent from God. Secondly,  you must Recognized your calling. Recognize who sends you. Do you value your calling? Well called To do what?

To bear witness. Thirdly Whatever you are doing, are we bearing witness about Jesus? And what is the result?

Finally,  that all through Him might believe...

Daniel recognizes what he has been called to do. He realizes who sent him. He knows what he suppose to do and he bore the results of what he has worked for. Guided by vision. Driven by purpose. With a mission to see this generation to experiences the salvation of God. Have you purposed in your heart to live for God, to do His will, to see His creative power at work?

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: