Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let's run...!

I Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.  And everyone who competes for  the  prize is temperate in all things. Now they do  it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for  an imperishable crown.  Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one  who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

******
Shalom! Day #1. Do you know that we are all running in a race? Let's pray. Father, as we enter into this brand new year 2014, we pray that we would run the in such way to win the prize that You have prepared for us. Help us to run in such a way that our focus will not be diverted by anything but all focused to You alone. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

First of all I would like to take this opportunity to wish every readers a blessed and fruitful brand new year 2014. Thank you for being my blog readers, and I hope that you are blessed, encouraged, and your faith are being established as you continue to read and meditate on His words. Now, folks, do you not know that we're all runners and we are running in a race?  No, I'm not talking about being the fastest runner like Hussein Bolt. No! I'm talking about our spiritual race. As we begin this 2014, let us run the race which is before us in such a way that we would win the prize. A runner will not run slow to win the race, he or she will run fast overtaking other runners to win the prize. As we have step into this brand new year, let us reevaluate our life, in which area we've slacked. Here's a few points that would help us.

1. Run fast
=> a runner will not run slow, he will run as fast as he could to win the gold medal, the perishable crown. But we are running not for this perishable crown, but the imperishable crown. Therefore we must run fast. It means that it doesn't matter how was your ways of doing things in 2013, if you are a procrastinator, then be no more. Change your ways and begin to make a commitment to change! Do not run, walk and work like a snail. Change our attitudes. Do not procrastinate works. Do it with all diligence and excellence.

2. Be disciplined.
=> a runner will go through a lot of training. As a fellow runner,  well atleast I ran for my secondary school. Therefore I know how extreme the trainings are. There would be stamina training, physical training, gym and many, even we must be very careful with what we eat. Now that's the kind of discipline I'm talking about. Even as we run in our spiritual life, let us practice our spiritual disciplines. Regularly fasting and praying, reading meditating on God's word. This are our spiritual disciplines to a healthy christian living.

3. Run with eyes focused on Jesus.
=> many Christian have their new year resolution, but do they achieved it by the end of the year? 3 out of ten may do, the rest may still be dreaming, or they lose focus. As we walk into this brand new year,  let us run with eyes fully focused upon Jesus. Therefore we run not with uncertainty. Thus we fight: not as one  who beats the air. A sprinter knows his or her goals. Their aim is that gold medal. So as they run, their eyes are fully focused on the winning prize. Let us focused fully on our winning prize, our Victor, our Savior,  Jesus Christ!

4. Practice what you preach.
=> "But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified." Be a role model to all. A good example for everyone. Don't say one thing and do something else.

Folks,  this may be a few of other points that would help us yo jump start us as we walk through this year. I end today's devotional sharing with psalms 65:11. God bless you.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: