Friday, January 17, 2014

Saved by grace...!

Ephesians 2:8-10 NKJV

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it  is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

******
Shalom! Day #17. Do you know that you have been saved by grace and that grace is a gift of God for you? Let's pray.  Father,  let not Your grace be in vain, but let it accomplish its works in our lives today. The works of grace for it is Your gift to us. Thank You Jesus. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

It wasn't of our own accord, that we have been saved, yet is wasn't of our good works as well. It was the gift of grace. The grace of God worked out an excellent work in touching us, and saving us from eternal death. I cannot boast about my salvation because it wasn't of my own works or goodness but it's about the Lord picking me from the mud and cleaning me from inside out,  cared for me, saved me from every eternal death, healed me from my brokenness and my wounds. Now, this is grace. Grace, God's favor and His goodness.

For God saved us for one purpose,  we are His workmanship created in Christ. We were created in the secret place of God.  We were once in the darkness,  but God saves us and recreated us in Christ as a new creation.

1. In Merriam-Webster dictionary,  workmanship means
work·man·ship\-ˌship\
noun
1 : something effected, made, or produced : work
2 : the art or skill of a workman; also : the quality imparted to a thing in the process of making <a vase of exquisite workmanship>

A new creation is fearfully and wonderfully made.
⊙ God put in a lot of His "skills" in creating us. The quality which was imparted from God to us is still in us. Each one of you are highly potential to achieve greater things in your life. As I mentioned earlier, without the grace of God, we cannot do anything. With His favor and His goodness upon our lives, you are able to soar like the eagles. We resemble God's quality masterpiece. The same way, God wants us to produce a quality and fruitful lives.

2. We are created for good works.
⊙ as I mentioned earlier, everyone of us has great potential in us to take you to greater heights. God has prepared it inside of you beforehand. You aren't suppose to do lousy works but an extraordinary works. The potentials in you will bring you to a greater significance. God isn't interested in half baked cakes. It is by His grace and His favor upon us, that we shine.

We were saved by grace through faith not works, so that no man will boast in it. Grace is God's perfect gift to all. Grace isn't a licence to sin.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: