Friday, March 21, 2014

Just because a stew....!

Genesis 25:29-34 NKJV

Now Jacob cooked a stew; and Esau came in from the field, and he was weary. And Esau said to Jacob, “Please feed me with that same red stew, for I am weary.” Therefore his name was called Edom. But Jacob said, “Sell me your birthright as of this day.” And Esau said, “Look, I am about to die; so what is this birthright to me?” Then Jacob said, “Swear to me as of this day.” So he swore to him, and sold his birthright to Jacob. And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.

******
Shalom! Day #80. Do you know that there are some people who are willing to "sell" Jesus in exchange for a bowl of rice? Let's pray. Father, as Abraham was faithful till the end, teach us to be faithful to You and not to deny our faith in You. In Jesus we ask and pray, amen!

The best way of "buying" off a person's faith is through money and some food such as bag of rice and so on. This method is being widely practice by some religion. It's already happening over here in Malaysia. Even in schools,  villages this is actively at work.  People are willing to give up their faith in true God and to be trapped in the devil's lie. What an EPIC situation,  huh! In today's verse, Esau willing to give away his birthright to Jacob just for a stew. People are willing to do anything just to get what they want. Just to attain desire of Esau's heart, he was so desperate and want to eat the stew and at that point he "sold" his birthright to Jacob.

In one way or another we deny Jesus daily. We deny Jesus through our calling. I did it once, when it came for me to heed the calling of God in 2001, I chose to work and indulge in the world, then now I regret because of missing the opportunity in heeding His calling in 2001 but then God with all His mercy, He gave me a second chance. I will not ever do it again. Be faithful to God and do not backslide from your faith. It doesn't matter how the temptations can be, be faithful, push through, until you see a breakthrough!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: