Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What's your name...?

Genesis 35:9-12 NKJV

Then God appeared to Jacob again, when he came from Padan Aram, and blessed him. And God said to him, “Your name is Jacob; your name shall not be called Jacob anymore, but Israel shall be your name.” So He called his name Israel. Also God said to him: “I am God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body. The land which I gave Abraham and Isaac I give to you; and to your descendants after you I give this land.”

******
Shalom! Day #84. Do you know that there's something important with your name? Let's pray. Father, thank You for calling us by our name and it's our highest calling. In Jesus name we ask and pray,  amen!

Today, I will start this devotion from this scripture taken from Isaiah 43:1 NKJV But now, thus says the Lord , who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. Jacob, means supplanter or to supersede a person by force or treachery. Jacob was given the name because he grab hold of Esau's heel during his birth. Later God changed his name to Israel meaning God prevails. Your name is important. Do not simply name your children or even your name without knowing it's meaning. God called you by your name, not someone else's name.

When God called you by your name, therefore you're belonged to the Lord wholly. Belonged to His purpose and belonged to His will. Then the blessings of God shall be upon you.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: