Sunday, March 16, 2014

The tower of Babel...!

Genesis 11:4, 6-7, 9 NKJV

And they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.” And the Lord said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.

******
Shalom! Day #75. Do you know that each one of us are bound in building a name and fame for ourselves? Let's pray. Father, whatsoever is the desire of our hearts, let it be in alignment with Your desire and will for our lives. Let us not serve You or do the works of ministry just to build a name and a fame for ourselves. Forgive us if indeed we have gone that path. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

The question is simple. Now read it carefully. Are we building a name and fame for us through the ministry we do, through our lives in serving God, through our love in serving one another and through the works we do? Are building a name and fame for ourselves? As you know, I'm involved in The Faceless Generation Ministry and The Faceless Generation Band. And this question reminded me and stroked me as I was reading this passage. Am I building a tower of Babel in this ministry?  Am I building a tower of Babel so that people would know me, would be recognized by everyone,  and people would speak of the works that I do? And this question goes to each of us today. If we read this today, here the people were in one language and they understand each other and were determined to build the tower of Babel so that people would recognized them. And God had to step in and confused them,  their language because they think that they are doing something good, but then they are bringing destruction upon themselves.

As I continue to do the works of His ministry both TFGM and TFGB, our source is Jesus. Jesus is the centre of this ministry. We want to reflect His glory, to shine forth His glory to people He send us. It's not about us but about Jesus and His lordship upon this ministry and our lives. We want to magnify Jesus through the talents and gifts He has given to us. As for me, wether we are known to all or not, I want Jesus to be made known to all through this ministry.  This Jesus's ministry and I have no ownership upon it, but the ministry has been entrusted to me and given to me as a child for me to bring up and when I take it as mine, and plough the land of this ministry, therefore now I'm looking at the fruits. Are we serving God so that we can be popular and be made known to all? Well if God wants, then let Him do not us. As we humbly and seriously with all diligence and perseverance doing His works God knows how to bring you up. Lest we be found building the tower of Babel and God has to intervene and cancel our intentions.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.
Let this day be the day of the Lord!

In His Majestic service,

+_=ShErKaRL=_+

No comments: