Friday, February 22, 2013

Hineni...

Genesis 22:1-2, 7-8, 14, 16-18 NKJV

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?” And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together. And Abraham called the name of the place, The- Lord -Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.” and said: “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord , because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son — blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.

******
Shalom! Day #53. Do you know that there is reason for everything which God asks us to do? Either a blessing or a miracle is awaiting for those who obey and do. Let's pray. Father, we pray that you will help us to walk in obedience to Your will. In Jesus name we ask and pray. Amen!

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham... after what things? After everything that Abraham went through - getting out of his country, separated from his father and Lot, chased Hagar and Ishmael away - after all this painful events he went through, he didn't make it as a reason for not being available for God. The moment God called Abraham, he replied HERE I AM. Now this word HERE I AM  in Hebrew is HINENI which means, here I am Lord, your servant, not because I am forced to be, but because of love i am willing to do anything for You. Without looking at his situations and condition, the moment God called him, Abraham willingly answered HINENI. And he took the next task which God has for him - to sacrifice Isaac. Our availability to God every moment He calls us to do something shows our obedience to Him.

Now God says, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” Aha... how many of you willing to do so if God says that to you? Many of us say, Lord we want to serve you, or Lord here I am use me, but when God touches the most dearest part of our life - it can either be a person, a relationship, a habit, our comfort zone - we tend to say, Lord please do not ask me to do that, or to let go of that. We have our Isaacs as well. God said to Abraham to go to the land of Moriah. Moriah means the land of temptations, the ordained place, the teaching place. God tested Abrahams faith and his faithfulness at Moriah, and he did not disappoint God. And when Isaac asks “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?” Abraham answered, GOD WILL PROVIDE. This is a statement of faith. Even this faith was activated when Abraham told his slave boys, WE WILL GO....and WE WILL COME BACK. His confidence is in the Lord. God provides, when he called you. But He doesn't say in the beginning, I provide this for you, so you go and do it now. Nope. Never. He will not do that. He test our faith 1st, are we willing to obey and step out in faith or not. Then after stepping out in faith, them God reveals the plans and the provisions. The result of our obedience to God can cause an eternal blessings. It moves God's heart when we obey and do His will. “By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord , because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son — blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

No comments: