Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A disciplined disciple...!

II Samuel 7:14-16 NKJV

I will be his Father, and he shall be My son. If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the blows of the sons of men. But My mercy shall not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.” ’ ”

******
Shalom! Day #106. Do you know that the Lord disciplines those whom He loves? Let's pray. Father, we we want to truly submit ourselves to you do be discipled and be disciplined by You. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

Proverbs 3:12 NKJV For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in  whom he delights.

Hebrews 12:6-8 NKJV For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

I love to be disciplined by my Father, God. It is when He disciplines, that I know He loves me and never let me go from His presence. His love endures forever and i am blessed to be chastened by God. His mercy shall never depart from us who humbles ourselves before Him and allows Him to work in us first, before He can work through us.

When God does His work in us - pruning, purifying, healing, restoration process, cleansing, sanctification - this is Indeed needed for everyone who inspires to be in the line of His servants. As we daily come before Him to be corrected by Him, we grow in Him. And as we grow, He establishes His work and His kingdom through us. If we have sinned, be quick to repent and allow God to disciple and discipline us. If may be painful, but it's worth it!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: