Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Be still and remain silent...

II Samuel 22:2-3, 18-19, 40 NKJV

And he said: “The Lord  is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence. He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the Lord was my support. For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me.

******
Shalom! Day #107. Do you know that when people are against you, the best thing to do is not to retaliate, but remain still and silent before God? Let's pray. Father, we need Your strength and Your mercy to go through this day. There are a lot of people waiting to backstab us, hurt us, but we trust in You alone. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

In Zephaniah 1:7 NKJV Be silent in the presence of the Lord God; For the day of the Lord is at hand... You know, most of the time you are being wronged for no reason. You do this wrong, do that wrong, never do also wrong. People are looking for that one opportunity to find fault with you. They are just waiting to see you fall. They are just waiting to catch you by your own words. But hey, the best thing to do when you are in this kind of situation is not to retaliate, but remain still and silent before God. For the Lord knows how to deal with such people. Here, King David is saying " The Lord  is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust." Let me tell you something, not just in the worldly professions, but I've seen it in the ministry of God, servants of God are competing with one another to finish the race, it is a good thing but there are some silent killers - those backstabbers, those haters, those who think you are not worthy of serving and just waiting to see you go out - now how do we deal with such people? Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING TO BE DONE TO THEM, but onething we do is BE STILL, REMAIN SILENT BEFORE THE LORD GOD. God knows how to deal with them. You know, I choose to remain silent and be still when people just falsely accuses me of the things which do not do, or even trying to find fault for the good works that I do. All I say is, LORD VINDICATE YOUR SERVANT! Why? Because I firmly believe that The Lord  is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust. And He delivered me from my strong enemy, From those who hated me; For they were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, But the Lord was my support. The day of the Lord is at hand... in the last days this kind of things will happen, read 2 TIMOTHY 3. And this is the evidence of the day of the Lord is imminent.

Psalms 121:1-8 NKJV

I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord , Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord  is your keeper; The Lord  is  your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose against me. Even when facing his enemies, King David's hope and trust is in the Lord. Remain silent before God. Do not waste your energy arguing or fighting it instead let God to be control of that situation. And when God is in control, you will witness the vindication of the Lord. I am not saying that you must relent, but I am saying LET GOD TO WORK OUT THE MIRACLE FOR YOU FOR THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD.

Psalms 37:7-9 NKJV

Rest in the Lord , and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret— it only causes harm. For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord , They shall inherit the earth.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: