Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Coin...

I Kings 16:2-3 NKJV

“Inasmuch as I lifted you out of the dust and made you ruler over My people Israel, and you have walked in the way of Jeroboam, and have made My people Israel sin, to provoke Me to anger with their sins, surely I will take away the posterity of Baasha and the posterity of his house, and I will make your house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat.

******
Shalom! Day #115. Do you know that bad leadership can cause the followers to astray and falling into sin? Let's pray. Father, forgive us for leading a sinful life and leading Your people into sin. We repent. Lest not us be removed from Your plans for us. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

Sinful leadership can cause the followers to lead a sinful life as well. For example, a coin. A coin it has two sides. One is the picture another is the value. Leaders, including myself, may be leading a two side life. The picture of the coin is just showing that the coin has this picture, whereas the other side is the real value of the coin is stated. Now we may be like the picture on the coin. We are picturing a holy life, a righteous life, but then the real value of a person is at the other side. I put myself for example, outwardly it may seem like I am so actively involved in doing His work, living a righteous life, a holy life, a blameless life. BUT....BUT no one knows what's happening at the other side of my life. You understand what I say?  I may be using the outward to cover-up my inward so that people wouldn't know what's happening in the inward. Shall I say, I am the greatest hypocrite then. Living a double life. It reminds me of the Batman's enemy TWO FACE. If I, being a leader living in sin, but preaching to my followers do not live in sin, I am the greatest hypocrite ever. I have been living a lie. The word of God says "Inasmuch as I lifted you out of the dust and made you ruler over My people Israel, and you have walked in the way of Jeroboam, and have made My people Israel sin..." Promotion comes from the Lord. The Lord took me from the rubbish bin, washed me, teaches me, restored me, cleansed me, and gave me an opportunity to serve Him and promoted me to a position of leadership. Yet, my life is still going back to the rubbish bin and I'm using the outward to cover-up the inward life.

Are we in this kind of situation? Be single hearted and single minded. It's never too late to repent. I have learned a lesson from this word and the illustration God gave from the coin. We have been chosen by God to serve Him, therefore serve Him with all our hearts. Take time to evaluate our heart and service to God. Be single hearted and single minded in serving Him.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: