Friday, April 12, 2013

Obedience is better than sacrifice...!

I Samuel 15:22-24 NKJV

So Samuel said: “Has the Lord  as  great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the Lord ? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. For rebellion is  as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is  as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord , He also has rejected you from being king.” Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice.

******
Shalom! Day #102. Do you know that our obedience to God is better than sacrifices? Father, as we come before Your throne of grace, forgive us for many at time we have disobeyed Your word and do things according to our desires. May You be delighted in seeing us obeying Your commands and doing it. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

Whoaa I don't take this word lightly. I don't see a sense or humour in it. A direct warning and God is serious about it. Our disobedience can cause us to rebel against God, it is equal to witchcraft and stubbornness equal to iniquity and idolatry. If you are serving God, or God anointed you and pit in a leadership position, or God has brought you to a place of significance, beware, lest you be found in disobedience. Pride is the cause of disobedience. Let not God reject His elected ones. Let there be no trace of disobedience in the camp of the Lord.

Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice. It is better to fear God and obey Him than to fear man and obey man! That's why even I walk amongst the "highly educated people," yet they say this and that about me, I still choose to obey God and do what He has placed in my heart. Yes there will be a price to pay for each time you choose to stand for what is right and in doing the right thing. People they will be against you and not for you. But those who are faithful till the end shall be given the victors crown.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: