Friday, April 19, 2013

Selfishness

I Kings 3:11-14 NKJV

Then God said to him: “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you. And I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days. So if you walk in My ways, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days.”

******
Shalom! Day #109. Do you know when you make a request to God, most of the time its for ourselves? Let's pray. Father, forgive us if we have requested to You things for our self gain. In Jesus name we pray, amen!

Romans 15:1-2 NKJV We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification.

King Solomon, requested wisdom and understanding from God to enable him to judge the peoples of Israel. He did not ask anything else, but this WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING, that would be a great help in the administration of the nation under him. In regard to the request, God replied, “Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you." Wow! Beginning of a great name is a humble beginning and remain humble along the way.

When God gives you something, let it be a great help for others. When you do it, God will not just give what you have asked but also a few bonuses as well. Just do not use it for self gain. Be a channel of blessing to others. Selfishness destroys His blessings.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: