Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The characters of Ruth...

Ruth 1:16-17 NKJV

But Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave you, Or  to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall  be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything  but death parts you and me.”

******
Shalom! Day #93. Do you know that if you are faithful to God, He will reward you in days to come? Let's pray. Father help us to be faithful and loyal to You as we follow You with all our hearts. In Jesus name we ask and pray. Amen!

Today we will look into the life of Ruth. This verse itself describes a few characters of Ruth. The first character I learn from Ruth is, FAITHFUL. No matter how Naomi forces Ruth to go, she is still firm with her decision. Nothing can change her mind. Same goes to us, when we go through the storms of our lives, most of the time we tend to doubt God and leave the faith. Remain faithful to God. Secondly, she is a disciple. For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Naomi, being the leader here, and Ruth is the follower. Whatever Naomi does the same thing Ruth does. A disciple learn from his master. We are the disciples of Jesus Christ, whereby we are to follow His footsteps and be an example.

Thirdly, she is a determined person. She knows and understands the risk she has to face for every decision taken. Do not waver in the decision you make. Finally, she is a woman who willing to try something new. Your people shall  be my people, And your God, my God. She has zero knowledge about Naomi's God or her people, but she is willing to take the challenge and to know this God and the people. She is not afraid of new environment. We are to take challenges and learn something new from what we go through.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

No comments: