Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hold fast to the Lord...!

II Kings 18:6-7 NKJV

For he held fast to the Lord ; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which the Lord had commanded Moses. The Lord  was with him; he prospered wherever he went. And he rebelled against the king of Assyria and did not serve him.

******
Shalom! Day #124. Do you know that when you hold on to God and nothing else matters, you will eventually witness His hand upon your life even when things are happening not as what you have planned?

I start with this verse from Philippians 3:8-11 NKJV Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Dear friends, few days back I've gone through a devastated moment. One hand the calling of God, the other hand a relationship that needs to be let go off. Finally, God spoke to me from this 2 verses. No matter what happens, hold on to your solid Rock. The world may let you down, but not Jesus. I began to say, Lord, into Your hands I commit again with all I am, for You Lord. Although Hezekiah had all the reason to depart from the Lord yet he did not. He choose to hold on to God no matter what happens. He chooses yo honor God by doing what is right and the Lord was with him and prospered him. As Paul says " I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him." What do you get when you gain the world and loss Jesus? Zero! But when you gain Jesus, you gain everything. The fact is I am nothing without Jesus and I am complete when  I in Him. That I my gain Christ!

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: