Monday, May 6, 2013

The two secret...!

II Kings 20:3-6 NKJV

“Remember now, O Lord , I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what  was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly. And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the Lord , the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the Lord . And I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.” ’ ”

******
Shalom! Day #126. Do you know that the Lord remembers every good works that you have done? Let's pray. Father, as it is written in Your word that our labor in doing Your works is not in vain but we would gain our rewards that You have prepared for us. Therefore help us to sincerely serve You not is focusing the reward but the Rewarder. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Hezekiah at the verge of dying yet he wants to continue to rule Israel. So he prayed, he wept bitterly. And the Lord heard his cries and prayers. And the Lord answers him " I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you." Not only that, God prolonged his life for another 15 years to lead His people. He protected Hezekiah from the attacks of the enemy and God defended the city!!! Wow! Prayers can do Wonders!

Now there are 2 reasons why God listened to Hezekiah's prayer and his cries. The 2 secrets. The secret of cries and tears and the secret of prayer.

1. Hezekiah prayed sincerely that he would be obedient, loyal and faithful to God the rest of his life.
⊙ are we praying such prayer today? Most of us entangled with the flow of this world where money and greed binds us. And as long as we are in the power we would do anything just to remain there. But not Hezekiah. His priority was to remain faithful, loyal and obedient to in doing the right thing and that's why God healed him and gave another 15 years for him to live. Prayer of a righteous man produces miracles!

2. Hezekiah wept earnestly before God.
⊙ Hezekiah wept bitterly before God. It shows the seriousness and the sincerity of his before God and towards the call of God. God counts every tears you shed. The bible says in psalms "those who labor in tears shall return with songs of praises." Are sincerely weeping before the Lord for the things which He had given to us? The responsibilities, the calling, the people, the nation?

Come on people there could be sad turn out of events, but God is still in control. We as a believer, continue hold fact to God and pray gore His divine intervention.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: