Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I was encouraged...!

Ezra 7:27-28 NKJV

Blessed be the Lord God of our fathers, who has put such  a  thing as this in the king’s heart, to beautify the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem, and has extended mercy to me before the king and his counselors, and before all the king’s mighty princes. So I was encouraged, as the hand of the Lord my God was upon me; and I gathered leading men of Israel to go up with me.

******
Shalom! Day #148. Do you know that when the Lord ask us to do something in His name, there will be always people who opposes the work and discourages the others who are involved as well? Let's pray. Father, strengthen us as we do Your work. Give us courage and boldness as we build Your kingdom. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

As we read the previous chapters of the book of Ezra, we would find out how the people opposed the work of the building of the temple of God as well as the walls of Jerusalem. But the hand of the Lord was upon His servants.

You when ever you try doing something good and there is always something bad happening, never ever give in to give up because there is something extraordinary good is ahead of you. Here Ezra says he was encouraged by what the Lord has done. When God wants to do to something in a nation, He will literally hand pick a person and baptized him or her with His heart bea, His passion, His zeal and He make sure that everything is supplied the person in order to make sure the work progress. Don't be surprised when the Lord opens a door where even the the officials may help you. Whatever i encounter such situation, I begin to push myself more intensely to see the work done and after that, wow, I would just witness His glory. Why? Because I did not give up although there was many things trying to discourage me and many opposition from every corner, I prevailed.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: