Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Uprightness of our heart...!

I Chronicles 29:3, 9, 17 NKJV

Moreover, because I have set my affection on the house of my God, I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house, my own special treasure of gold and silver: Then the people rejoiced, for they had offered willingly, because with a loyal heart they had offered willingly to the Lord ; and King David also rejoiced greatly. I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things; and now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here to offer willingly to You.

******
Shalom! Day #134. Do you that the Bible says that the zeal or the love or the affection for the house of God will consume us? Let's pray. Father, let the zeal or the love for Your house to grow stronger and deeper so that we would willingly serve You, willingly give to Your work, willingly build Your kingdom. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Because I have set my affection on the house of my God, I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house. Has the affection or the zeal for the house of God has consumed you into giving yourself totally to the works of God? Today, if you want God to use you, you must recognize the talent which God had given to us and what are we doing with the talent? Are we giving to God willingly our time, our talents, our money, our lives? The affection and the zeal of God which is in us is for a reason. What are we doing about it? David gave his very best for the building of the house of God with a loyal and willing heart and as he gave, his people rejoiced and they as well offered willingly to the Lord. Are we diligently offering our lives to the building of the house of God? I'm not talking just on our tithes and offerings we give every weekends or monthly but I'm talking about every that the Lord has given us, what are we doing with it? Are we honoring God with it?

The next thing is, the Lord test our hearts and take pleasure in uprightness. What is the condition of our heart in giving to the Lord? Either in our tithes and offerings, or our time, our energy, our service, how is the attitude of our heart towards it? Are we sincere in giving? Are we sincere in serving? Are we sincere towards the things of God? I'm not giving 1 till 3 point of how to set your heart right or how can we have good heart attitude and so on. The only thing I want to point out here is, CHANGE the way we think, CHANGE the way we live, then MAKE A DIFFERENCE! King David is a good example. He leads by example. He gave joyfully, and his people seeing what he did, they too offered to the Lord rejoicingly.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: