Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Do not run away from your calling...!

Jonah 2:2-3, 6 NKJV

And he said: “I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, And He answered me. “Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, And You heard my voice. For You cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me. I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord , my God.

******
Shalom! Day #254. Do you know that when God has chosen you and He has purposed in His heart to use you, no matter how far you run or how deep you hide, He will still find you and use you. Let's pray. Father,  let us not run away from our calling, from the things You have asked us to do. But give us the courage and boldness to step into Your plans and Your purposes and Your will for our lives. In Jesus name we ask and pray, amen!

Sometimes or shall I say most of the time we as a Christian, choose to run away from our calling. God called me to serve Him in 2001, but I ran away from that calling until one fine day in 2008 God taught me a lesson and that lesson was a turning point in my life to heed His calling. I wasn't ready at that time. Yes, most of us are like that. Even Jonah, ran away from his calling. Got swallowed into the belly of a whale. Yet, even in that condition, when he cried out to God, He answered and helped him.

Many people turn to the Lord when they yave fallen into the deep pit where the darkness is terrifically thick. Yet when they realizes that God is the only help they have, and when the call upon the name of the Lord, He hears and answers and will take them out of the deep pit. Why? Because there is a plan and a purpose for your life, the calling of God! God chooses you to execute His plans and purposes. Do not run away from His calling or else you will have to learn a hard lesson before you get back to your calling.

Let this day be the day of the Lord!

*** if you have any prayer request or any comments, or in anyway that I can serve today, please do let me know, I am at the Lord's service.

Please leave a comment. It would be a blessing for me to hear from you.

No comments: